Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Nice To Meet You, I'm Biodiesel

Nice To Meet You, I'm Biodiesel

By Mark Allen

Biodiesel is what they call me
Not a name I would have chose
Maybe "SuperDiesel" or "IncrediFuel"
But, sadly, I'm not called those

Oil companies, however, call me names
They say I'm one of many chemical mutants
But, that's okay, I don't mind
Because I let off far less pollutants

I am made from lots of things
From corn, from soy, from rice
Since I have the scent of chips or fries
They say I smell quite nice

Crude oil is quite disgusting though
A gross black and sticky potion
It dirties up the air when burnt
And it blackens up the ocean

I burn so much cleaner than them
I'm biodegradable too, that's no shock
Petroleum based fuel is found underground
It literally crawls out from beneath its rock

I can be produced almost anywhere
Near a school, a hospital, or a winery
You can even make me in your garage
In your own custom built refinery

Your car will also love me too
I'm available in many different blends
I give off much fewer harmful emissions
Thus, I won't offend your friends.

I need more and more people to use me though
So tell all your friends and their relations
Wouldn't we all just love it if
We relied less on oil-producing nations

So spread the word in Spring or Summer
At Christmas, or Halloween
Convince everyone everywhere
To say "No" to gasoline

No comments: