Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Biodiesel, Biodiesel - Another Biodiesel Poem

Biodiesel, Biodiesel
Or... Why Does Your Car Smell Like Fries?

By Mark Allen

Biodiesel, Biodiesel, I make it at my house
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, I needed permission from my spouse
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, the word just flows from my lips
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, and my car smells like potato chips

My fuel doesn't ride, tossing all about
In big oil tankers, not built too stout
Not that it would matter, or be a big deal
If a shipwreck caused a Biodiesel spill

I used to hate, my drive to work
I'd get real mad, drive like a jerk
But now I drive, calm as can be
Helping our environment, can't you see?

With
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, it's my environmental shield
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, my fuel grows in a farmer's field
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, man, who could even think it?
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, and it won't kill me if I accidentally drink it!

My mama always scolded me
"Eat your veggies", so said she
That's what she said, since the day I was born
And now my car, it runs on corn

When gas prices drop, some people do jump
And head on down to the local gas pump
What do I think? I think it's kind of dumb
I just fill up my tank from my 50 gallon drum

Of
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, no matter what your gender
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, on my first batch I used a blender
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, I hope Exxon and Mobil feel rejected
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, anyone know how my warranty is affected?

Some people might say, weird things about you
Hey, don't stress, what're you gonna do?
Just let 'em talk, let 'em tell their lies
While you drive by smelling just like fries

Do we use too much oil? Maybe, duh!
We're probably too dependent on Arabia
We'd be better off, from Utah to Ohio
If drivers got together and demanded more Bio!

As in
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, Excuse me, while I drive behind this diner
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, A vat of used grease; not much could be finer
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, Gotta go now, I got a red hot date
Biodiesel, Biodiesel, She loves the fact my fuel isn't coming from Kuwait

No comments: